The Castolin Eutectic philosophy to conserve the earth's precious resources and give added value to old and worn parts is acknowledged worldwide. In our production facilities we have programs to reduce our environmental impact, and have launched the GreenBraz range of products that are cadmium and boric acid free. We were also one of the first welding companies to market exhaust equipment for welding. As a pioneer in this area, Castolin Eutectic has created the Conservationist of the Year Award in 1973.
Our vision is to maintain a global leadership position in surface protection technologies and to contribute to the long-term saving of valuable resources through conservation of materials.
The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
Corporate sustainability starts with a company’s value system and a principles-based approach to doing business. This means operating in ways that, at a minimum, meet fundamental responsibilities in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. Responsible businesses enact the same values and principles wherever they have a presence, and know that good practices in one area do not offset harm in another. By incorporating the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact into strategies, policies and procedures, and establishing a culture of integrity, companies are not only upholding their basic responsibilities to people and planet, but also setting the stage for long-term success.
The Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact are derived from: the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development, and the United Nations Convention Against Corruption.
Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Our products are aimed at areas of welding, brazing and coating technologies and Castolin Eutectic has solutions for all wear problems to extend the life of components operating in hostile environments. We strive to achieve customer satisfaction by supplying high performance and excellent quality products and we have active markets in maintenance & repair services, welding, brazing & thermal spraying, R&D for new products & applications, as well as in-house manufacturing.
The global Castolin Eutectic Management Team has developed the Environmental Policy recognizing that Castolin Eutectic must ensure an industry-leading standard for environmental quality, commitment and compliance. We shall strive for excellence in everything we do and aim to be an industry leader in environmental standards.
The management recognises that the protection and preservation of the environment is an integral part of Castolin Eutectic’s philosophy and provides this policy with the objective to respect and care for the environment using current legislation as a minimum.
The Main Objectives
- To ensure the company is committed to continual improvement and prevention of pollution.
- To ensure the company is committed to compliance with applicable legal, corporate and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that the Environmental Policy is understood by all employees, is the responsibility of all employees and all employees understand the impact of poor environmental practices.
- To ensure that all subcontractors and suppliers are aware of Castolin Eutectic’s Environmental Policy and are compliant with the agreed and appropriate quality requirements.
- To ensure the company reviews environmental objectives during management reviews.
- To ensure the company undertakes a periodic review of the policy to ensure its continuing effectiveness and suitability.
- Castolin Eutectic will look to monitor and measure operational activities and undertake Environmental internal auditing where appropriate and required.
- Castolin Eutectic will seek to minimise pollution to air, water and land during its operations.
- Castolin Eutectic will manage the use of utilities to reduce the consumption of fossil fuels and the production of CO2.
- Castolin Eutectic will make every effort to minimise the environmental burden when new investments are introduced.