We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation)
- (b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- (d) any other information that you choose to send to us;
- (a) administer the website;
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- (e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- (f) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- (g) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
This website uses Matomo Analytics, a software released under the GNU General Public License v3.0. Matomo offers an advanced General Data Protection Regulation Manager to ensure the website is fully compliant with the new regulation. Matomo is compliant with a range of privacy laws around the world such as GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA, LGPD, and PECR.
Europa Analytics is based on Matomo which is the leading open-source analytics platform that provides relevant and reliable insights into user behaviour. The data and information collected by Matomo is 100% owned and controlled by the European Commission. This guarantees compliance with strict privacy regulations and laws. Matomo is used worldwide by large corporations, SMEs, governments & non-profit organisations.
Matomo uses a select number of trusted external service providers for certain technical data processing and/or service offerings. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection and security standards. Matomo uses the following subprocessors to process the data collected: AlwaysData placed in Europe, France, it secures infrastructure for servers and databases and logs hosted in Paris, France.
How Matomo Analytics ensures GDPR compliance:
- Data anonymization
- GDPR Manager
- Users can opt-out of all tracking
- First-party cookies by default
- People can view the data collected
- Capabilities to delete visitor data when requested
- The data is not used for any other purposes (compared to Google Analytics)
- IP anonymization
- Visitor log and profiles can be disabled
- Data is stored in the EU (Matomo Cloud) or in any country of your choice (Matomo On-Premise).
Matomo will by default track the following information:
- User IP address (see also: IP anonymisation)
- Date and time of the request
- Title of the page being viewed (Page Title)
- URL of the page being viewed (Page URL)
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL)
- Screen resolution being used
- Time in local user’s timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked
- Pages generation time
- Location of the user: country, region, city, approximate latitude and longitude
- Main Language of the browser being used
- User Agent of the browser being used.