Whertec ChromeClad™ for Industrial Process Equipment
Stops the Clock on Erosion and Corrosion
Boiler corrosion and erosion is unavoidable, but it can be significantly reduced thanks to Whertec ChromeClad™. Our unique process outperforms other coatings to provide superior erosion and corrosion protection by effectively stopping the permeation of corrosive elements over longer maintenance intervals.
What makes the ChromeClad process so innovative is our proprietary application methods and procedures that prevent tube wastage beyond the limits of conventional coatings in use today.
A Smart Return on Investment
- Lasts up to four times longer than competitor coatings. (as documented by Boiler Inspection Services, Inc.)
- Whertec coatings warranties reduce future maintenance costs.
- Limits the need for future replacement of boiler tubes.
A No-Compromise Solution for Extreme Environments
Whertec believes there’s no such thing as “acceptable” levels of tube wastage. Now, thanks to ChromeClad’s advanced composite system, your operation can experience exceptional protection in even the most challenging conditions.
- Superior bond strength
- Will not flake, spall or crack
- Abrasion-resistant surface is impervious to airborne particulates, impermeable to corrosion, and resistant to thermal shock
- Non-catalytic – Prevents salt cake and slag build-up
- Quick application – Faster than other thermal spray systems
Innovative Protection from a Superior System.
The concept is simple. We prepare your thermal transfer surfaces, apply a bond coating and a separate High Velocity High Density (HVHD) thermal spray layer which is then sealed by our exclusive Tube Armor ceramic coating. This one-of-a-kind system of protection not only excels in the face of extreme conditions, it also can be customized to fit your exact operational requirements.
It’s not just the composition of ChromeClad that makes it a superior choice for preventing tube wastage. Whertec’s thorough and detailed application procedure ensures optimum results from every step of the protection process. This includes: