5409 Highway Avenue
FL 32254 Jacksonville,
Surface protection presents one of the greatest opportunities to reduce the degradation of industrial process equipment operating in corrosive and high wear service. As a technician, you’ll work side-by-side with our field operations team to execute on time critical surface protection projects throughout the US and internationally.
- Must comply with operating policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment and efficient operation
- Must be physically able to work 12 hours a day with most time spent on your feet
- Preform multiple tasks: abrasive blasting, thermal spray coating application, inspection, mapping and testing
- Follow company quality and application procedures
- Troubleshoot and work through process equipment problems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous abrasive blasting and coating application experience
- Must be flexible to work multiple shifts and extended overtime
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time
- Must pass a criminal background check
*Will require certain requirements to be met before applicable
- Potential to make $40,000 to $60,000 USD annually
- Project bonuses for safety and execution*
- Benefit coverage and 401K*
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation and holidays)
- Training and development
- Full time and/or part time opportunities
- All travel is paid by the company
- Receive daily per-diem when traveling
- Work related reimbursements (i.e. safety boots, prescription safety glasses and laundry).
Whertec Inc. is a technology driven surface cladding company that provides turnkey application and inspection services to the power generation, downstream oil and gas and chemical processing markets.
The first pillar of success at Whertec - is people. We believe that if you treat people well, good things will follow. Today, more than ever, we remain focused on building our team with the best talent in the industry. Our team is hardworking, bright and eager to serve our customers well.