Plug & Braze : Castolin Eutectic introduces the perfect brazing flame
In January 2018, Castolin Eutectic launches the new revolutionary brazing equipment functioning on the basis of electrolysis, without gas and using water as sole fuel: Castolin dyomix© OHM 2.4. The machine is born from the collaboration with Bulane, a very successful French company born in 2009 in Montpellier, which has patented the dyomix© technology. The brazing equipment was awarded the gold medal at the Batimat Innovation competition in September 2017 in Paris for the category utilities and equipment, as well as 3rd prize at the Gaia Awards in Dubai, Big 5 Tradeshow, in November 2017.
With CleanTech dyomix® it is possible to easily produce a clean high-performance fuel from the oxygen and hydrogen naturally present in water, with no storage requirements. The flame born in this process burns at more than 2500ºC, and is particularly suitable for refrigeration and heating specialists, plumbers and for any other professionals using a flame in their daily work.
Compact, efficient and safe, the dyomix® electrolysers have now been miniaturized to be used directly on site. The equipment was designed to be easy to use, lightweight and portable: just switch on the machine, plug it to a socket and start brazing (Plug & Braze). By choosing Castolin dyomix® OHM 2.4, users simplify their logistical constraints, reduce the level of risk in their daily activities and have a perfect flame onsite, at all times.
The new AutoFlam OH torch has been also entirely developed for full compatibility with the dyomix® technology:
- Its unique design and swivel connector at the torch inlet make it extremely ergonomic, lessening musculoskeletal disorders (MSD).
- Its double action flame arrestor is directly built into the handle, ensuring perfect safety throughout the use of the torch.
- The materials used are compatible with the oxy-hydrogen gas, making for a very sturdy, light and perfectly balanced AutoFlam OH torch.
Big advantages of Castolin dyomix© OHM 2.4 brazing machine:
- Great return on investment, obtained in 24 months, owing to the savings made on gas cylinders and time gained on procurement and supply
- Simplified logistics: no need to transport and stock gas bottles, no need to configure correct pressure settings on the pressure regulators, no complicated torch ignition and adjustments
- Improved health: the perfect flame presents full combustion, which means no carbon monoxide or UV radiations, plus an ergonomic torch which is lighter, presenting a turning handle for easy manipulation and low noise level
- Eco-friendliness : minimized environmental impact by 94% reduction in the brazing carbon footprint
The Castolin dyomix© OHM 2.4 brazing machine is available for sale in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.