New laser cladded sieves offer 10 times higher service life than standard steel
The ultra hard tungsten carbide phases which are homogeneously distributed within a self-fluxing, tough nickel-based alloy matrix, provide :
- Extreme wear resistance performance against abrasion and erosion up to 10 times higher than standard, monolithic heat-treated steel alternatives.
- Withstands operating service temperatures up to 400°C. For even higher service temperature requirements, a diverse range of special alloy systems may be proposed to meet specific customer needs.
Five-star Castolin Eutectic LaserCladTM Technology uses a focused laser beam to ensure low heat input welding conditions, which results in extremely effective, wear protective coatings on industrial parts.
Advantages over traditional, hardfacing techniques include :
- Very low dilution which maintains the intrinsic wear resistant properties intact.
- Minimal dissolution of wear resistant tungsten carbide phases into the matrix to improve protective coating performance
- Limited substrate deformation for easy installation and better service life
- Lowest degradation of base metal properties relative to other fusion cladding processes.
Our workshops are fully equipped with laser, plasma and wearfacing welding technologies, water cutting systems, rolling-bending equipment to manufacture tailor-made sieve solutions.